Is that Boring Asphalt Shingle Roof Costing You Thousands?
“Discover How To Create a Beautiful, Energy-
Saving Green Roof this Year, Without Getting
Taken for a Ride by Contractors”
Did you know that a green roof can extend the lifespan of your home’s roof surface by two to three times?
Did you know that a green roof – even the most basic kind – can save you up to 30% on heating and cooling costs?
Did you know that a green roof can cost as little as $8 more per square foot than a conventional roof?
Did you know that some green roofs require no additional irrigation, and can run nearly on autopilot year-round?
There’s never been a better time to put in a green roof
Building incentives and tax breaks for putting in green roofs aresprouting up all around the U.S. and Europe. And there is now a multitude of custom products like filter fleeces, root barriers and drainage layers that take the guesswork out of building a green roof.
Washington, DC offers a subsidy of $5 per square foot (up to $20,000) for installing a green roof.
Toronto, ON now requires green roofs on many new major construction projects
New York, NYoffers a property tax credit of up to $100,000 for green roofs that cover at least 50% of a roof surface
Fairfax, VA allows property owners to use green roofing to increase the amount of land they can pave or build on.
The list goes on.
“…But what the heck is a filter fleece?”
I know, the terminology around green roofs can be confusing to say the least. In fact, even the green roof “gurus” can’t agree among themselves about the definitions of some green roofing terms! But that’s why I’ve spent the last year working on a project that will help you get started creating your own green roof quickly and easily.
- If you are a homeowner that wants to build a green roof, but don’t know where to start,
- If you are bewildered by all the green roof terminology thrown around willy nilly on the internet,
- If you are unsure about how much green roofs cost, what materials you need, and how much maintenance and irrigation your green roof will require,
- If you find it tedious to sift through the the piles of information on the internet to locate the bits that might be relevant to your project,
- And if you are worried that a contractor might push you to do too much (or too little) and end up with a project that doesn’t suit your needs,
… then I’d like to tell you about my new eBook, Creating My Green Roof
- How to decide which type of green roof is right for your home
- How to calculate the approximate costs of your green roof, and how long it will take to break even against your lower heating and cooling costs
- Which parts of green roof construction you can save money on by doing yourself
- How to find, hire, and get the most from contractors and green roof service providers
- How to select the right plants for your green roof
- Which areas you absolutely must get outside help with to prevent costly and dangerous mistakes
- A time-saving ‘cheatsheet’ on maintenance and irrigation requirements by green roof type
- The time of year to begin installing your green roof for best results
- One little mistake that could cost you thousands by preventing you from getting a rebate or tax break you’re entitled to (p. 52)
- And much, much more…
No technical experience required: This book is designed for homeowners who are not necessarily the “do it yourself” type, but who want to arm themselves with information as they go into discussions with green roof service providers.
Save time and money: This book is jam packed with tips from interviews with professional contractors and engineers to help you quickly get up to speed on all aspects of green roof planning, creation and maintenance.
Does this eBook contain actual blueprints for a green roof?
No. Unlike a shed or chicken coop, every green roof project is unique, and defined by of the underlying structure, local environment and – of course – the creativity of the installers. That’s why I thought it would be much more useful to provide general information that will help homeowners plan, build and maintain a unique, custom green roof.
But what if I’m not the handyman type?
This book was written with you in mind. There is plenty of specialist info out there for those who already have a good handle on the basics of green roofs, but next to nothing for the beginners among us. I wrote this eBook to help solve this problem, and hopefully, inspire the next generation of green roofers among us to embark on their own projects.
Thanks for reading this. Click the book image to check out securely through Amazon:
Thanks for reading!